Everything You Need to Know About Critical Care Simplified Course
Critical Care Simplified is a professional course designed by the acclaimed Chief Editors, Dr. Yatin Mehta, Dr. Subhal Dixit, and Dr. Kapil G. Zirpe along with India’s 48 distinguished faculty. This course has been endorsed by the Sepsis Forum. The course aims to give students and healthcare professionals a thorough grasp of critical care medicine and anesthesia procedures.
The course is designed in such a way as to meet the learning requirements of DNB Critical Care students, MD Anesthesia students, MD/DNB Emergency Medicine students, MD medicine students, Junior Residents, and Senior Residents in terms of Critical Care and Anesthesia discipline.
Key Features of the Course
- The entire spectrum of complexity, from patient evaluation to emergency interventions, is covered in the course.
- It improves the ability to give critically sick patients the best care possible and safely deliver anesthesia in diverse clinical situations.
- It provides access to engagement activities like Regular Chat Shows, Journal Clubs, and recent advancements.
- The course provides a detailed color-coded Interactive drug formulary concerning critical care with easy searchability.
- The course keeps the students updated with the latest guidelines including the benchmark clinical trials.
Critical Care Simplified Course includes:
- Video Lectures
- Self-Assessment Questions
- Benchmark Trials
- Color-Coded Interactive Drug Formulary
- Engagement Activities including Chat Shows
Benefits of Enrolling in the Critical Care Simplified Online Course
- To improve participants’ abilities and competencies in handling critically sick patients, this online professional course on critical care blends theoretical information, case studies, and interactive learning exercises.
- In addition to concentrating on certain organ systems throughout the course, you will study a variety of critical care topics including resuscitation, trauma treatment, hemodynamic instability, neurological crises, and sepsis management.
- You will learn about the most recent developments in monitoring methods, infection control regimens, and critical care treatments. The course additionally emphasizes the value of good interdisciplinary critical care team communication and collaboration.
- The course also includes advanced topics including anesthesia and sedatives, organ donation, and ethical and end-of-life concerns in severely sick patients.
- You are engaged and encouraged to gain a better grasp of critical care and anesthesia principles through interactive modules, video lectures, notes, and self-assessment questions.
- Additionally, a drug formulary is included in the curriculum to give students easy access to a variety of medications especially when on ward rounds.
- Every significant medication used for the severely ill has been covered in this, along with key indications, contraindications, doses, and popular brand names.
- The course will provide you with the knowledge, information, and abilities require to properly administer anesthesia in a variety of clinical situations and give the best care possible to critically sick patients.
Table of Contents – Critical Care Simplified Course by Dr. Yatin Mehta, Dr. Subhal Dixit, and Dr. Kapil G. Zirpe
Orientation to Critical Care and Anesthesia
Metabolic Acidosis and Alkalosis
Insulin and Oral Anti-diabetic Agents
Antibiotic Classification and pK/pD & Resistance Mechanisms
Antimicrobials Against Gram-Negative Organisms
Antimicrobials Against Gram-Positive Organisms
Fluids and Diuretics (Colloids, Crystalloids)
Central Nervous System (CNS) Drugs
Respiratory Drugs Used in Bronchial Asthma & COPD
Gastrointestinal Disorders & Drugs
Steroids and Immunotherapy
Cardiovascular (CVS) Drugs
Ethical and End-of-Life Issues in Critically Ill Patients
How to Break Bad News and Communication
Management After Resuscitation from Cardiac Arrest
Prognostication after Cardiac arrest
Cardiac Arrest (Including BLS/ACLS)
Obstetric Critical Care
Anatomical and Physiological Changes in Pregnancy
Embolic Shock in Pregnancy (Fat Embolism, Amniotic Fluid Embolism)
Major Obstetric Hemorrhage – Shock: The Ten Commandments Approach
Maternal Sepsis and Septic Shock: Bundled Approach
Cardiomyopathies in Pregnancy (Septic Myocarditis)
Hypertensive Emergencies in Pregnancy
HELLP Syndrome & HELLP – AFLP Complex: Management
The Cardiovascular System
Approach to Pulmonary Embolism
Bedside Echocardiography in ICU
Tachyarrhythmias & Bradyarrhythmias
Severe Hypertension and Hypertensive Emergencies
Acute Coronary Syndromes (Pathophysiology, NSTEMI, ST-elevation MI)
The Gastrointestinal System
Practical Approach to Acute Gastrointestinal Bleeding
Radiology in Critical Care Settings
Abdominal Compartment Syndrome
Acute Abdomen in Critically Ill Patients
Physiology of Gastrointestinal Tract
Acute Hepatic Failure
Acute on Chronic Hepatic Failure
Severe Acute Pancreatitis
Diarrhoea and Constipation in Critically Ill
Skin and Connective tissues
Connective Tissue Disorders in ICU
TEN and Steven Johnson Syndrome
Necrotizing Fasciitis and Cellulitis
Principles and Prevention of Pressure Ulcers in ICU
Nutrition in sepsis
Micronutrients in Nutrition Therapy in Sepsis
Nutritional Support During Sepsis – A Dynamic Phenomenon
Metabolic Changes During Sepsis
Central Nervous system
Peripheral Nerve Diseases and Myasthenia Gravis
Brain Stem Death Declaration and Optimization of Donor
Meningitis and Encephalitis
Intracranial Pressure Monitoring
Non-Traumatic Sub-Arachnoid Hemorrhage
Delirium (Causes, Assessment, and Management)
Management of Acute Ischemic Stroke
Neuroanatomy and Neurophysiology (Brain, Spine, CSF)
Trauma Management: An Orchestrated Endeavor
Intra and Inter Hospital Transport of Critically Ill Patients
Rapid Response Teams for Critically Ill
Shock in Trauma
Spinal Cord Injury
Managing Airway in Trauma
Multiple Casualties and Disaster Management in Emergency
Traumatic Brain Injury
Management of Polytrauma in Critical care
The Hematological System
Hematological Therapies (Blood Product Therapy and Apheresis in the ICU)
Laboratory Monitoring (Cells, Coagulation Monitoring)
Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura
Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (DIC) and Heparin-induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT)
Toxicology including Envenomation
An Overview of Organophosphorus Poisoning
Aluminum Phosphide Poisoning
Sedative Hypnotic Poisoning/Psychotropic Drug Poisoning
Snake Envenomation and Management
Paracetamol and Acute Alcohol Toxicity
Renal Replacement Techniques (CRRT, Hemodialysis, SLEDD)
Normal Physiology of the Renal System
Acute Kidney Injury and Management
About Our Esteemed Chief Editors of the Course
Dr. Yatin Mehta
Dr. Yatin Mehta is a highly respected and renowned medical professional in the field of critical care medicine. With an impressive background and extensive experience, Dr. Mehta has made a significant contribution to the medical community. His vast knowledge and skill in the medical field have been honed through years of academic pursuit and practical experience. He has earned multiple qualifications including MD, MNAMS, FRCA, FAMS, FIACTA, FICCM, and FTEE. Currently, Dr. Mehta is the Chairman of Medanta Institute of Critical Care and Anesthesiology at Gurugram, Haryana. As a President of the Sepsis Forum, The Simulation Society. Dr. Yatin Mehta continues to make significant contributions to the field of critical care medicine with a particular focus on sepsis management. Through his expertise, research endeavors, and commitment to patient care, he is an inspiration to aspiring healthcare professionals. Dr. Yatin Mehta through DigiNerve’s Critical Care Simplified course provides medical students with the apt knowledge and guidance that paves the way to becoming a skilled Critical Care Specialist.
Dr. Subhal Dixit
Dr. Subhal Dixit is a distinguished medical professional who has made significant contributions to healthcare through his expertise and qualifications. Dr. Dixit has added several prestigious qualifications to his name including MD, IDCCM, FICCM, FCCM, and FICP.
As an esteemed faculty and Chief Editor at DigiNerve for the Critical Care Simplified course, he plays a vital role in shaping the next generation of medical professionals by imparting his knowledge and expertise through teaching, mentoring, and guiding aspiring healthcare practitioners. Dr. Dixit is also a Director, Critical Care at the Department of Intensive Care, Sanjeevan and MJM Hospital, Pune, Maharashtra. He also serves as Treasurer at the Sepsis Forum. His groundbreaking research, exceptional clinical skills, and commitment to patient care have earned him the utmost respect and admiration from colleagues, patients, and the wider medical community.
Dr. Kapil G. Zirpe
Dr. Kapil G. Zirpe is a highly accomplished and respected medical professional, known for his expertise and contributions in various areas of healthcare. Throughout his career, Dr. Zirpe has added significant educational qualifications to his name including MD Chest, FICCM, and FSNCC. He is currently serving as a Head and Director at Neuro Trauma Intensive Care Unit, Grant Medical Foundation, Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune, Maharashtra. As a respective intensivist, he has been affiliated with the leading healthcare facilities, where he has played a pivotal role in critical care management, ensuring the best possible outcomes for patients with life-threatening conditions. Dr. Kapil G. Zirpe is currently serving as a Secretary at the Sepsis Forum. Dr. Kapil G. Zirpe as an esteemed faculty and Chief Editor of the Critical Care Simplified course at DigiNerve shares his wealth of knowledge and expertise with aspiring medical students. He leverages his expertise to make a significant impact on medical education, critical care management, and scientific advancements.