Video Lecture: 47 Hours
Self-Assessment Questions: 2000+
Notes: 100 Topics
About this course
Community Medicine, also known as Preventive and Social Medicine (PSM) is a vast discipline. The vision of this discipline is promoting health, preventing diseases, and prolonging life. Community Medicine is an amalgamation of public health practice and primary level care of clinical medicine. It demands the students to not only be updated with recent developments but also be thorough with the basics of social medicine and community health. Therefore, the students need to supplement their study of the subject with other resources like government publications and recent guidelines as well.
Community Medicine for UnderGrads is a unique product that builds the basics along with keeping the students updated with all the recent developments in this field. It has been developed and mentored by Dr. Bratati Banerjee, who is the author and editor of well-known titles like DK Taneja’s Health Policies & Programmes in India and Mahajan’s Methods in Biostatistics for Medical Students & Research Workers and highly qualified academician in the discipline of preventive and social medicine. She has also written titles such as Primary Healthcare in Nursing and Primary Healthcare Concept & Implementation. Her experience and expertise in PSM/Community Medicine Couse have enriched the course and given a practical orientation to the subject. The content presented in her lectures has been professionally researched and updated, which will act as an accompaniment to your regular classes. The course encompasses 5 sections:
- Health and its determinants
- Care of vulnerable population
- Management in health
These sections are further divided into 40 topics and 105 sub-topics.
The practicals section covers:
- Family health includes how to study a family and the index case of the family.
- Spots and Exercises that include spotters from MCH, Nutrition, and Equipment, and exercises on epidemiology and statistics. Primarily, the faculty has discussed the formulae in the exercises section along with the calculation, and relevant topics with numerous examples.
The complete Community Medicine for UnderGrads course has been developed as per the CBME (Competency-Based Medical Education) curriculum and provides an integrated approach to studying. This audio-visual synchronized presentation of sessions will help in sustaining the attention and interest of the students in social medicine and community health. The content has been well referenced from standard textbooks and government publications with updated information. The lectures are richly illustrated with relevant images along with flowcharts, tables, and boxes, to enhance the understanding of the viewers and for quick recall. All topics are accompanied with notes that will act as a ready reckoner for revision of the community medicine course.
At the end of each session, questions with answer keys are provided for self-assessment. The animations in the videos will acquaint the students with commonly asked questions in viva voce and university examinations regarding social medicine and community health; thus, enabling them in studying and preparing PSM simultaneously.
The Course Includes:
- Video lectures: Community Medicine for UnderGrads has 47 hrs of video lecture series on 40 topics.
- Lecture notes: 100 lecture notes have been provided for a better understanding of community medicine.
- Practicals: All important practicals have been covered to help students prepare for the viva.
- Self-assessment questions: Practise a series of 2000+ practice questions with relevant explanations on community medicine.
We aim to bring you the best of content from the eminent faculties.