Video Lecture: 140 Hrs
Self-Assessment Questions: 3000+
Notes: 144 Topics
About this course
Pathology is considered the mother of all subjects. The recent changes in the CBME curriculum have encouraged the integration of basic and clinical sciences, which will make the students appreciate the beauty of pathology as a subject and its important contribution in building the foundation of their complete tenure of studying medicine.
Pathology as a subject addresses various components of disease: cause, mechanisms of development (pathogenesis), structural alterations of cells (morphologic changes), and the consequences of changes (clinical manifestations). It plays a vital role in the study of clinical medicine as it acts as a bridge between various subjects and medicine. Thus, pathology is also considered as the grammar of medicine.
Pathology for UnderGrads has been developed and mentored by the stalwarts in the field of pathology, Prof. Harsh Mohan, Prof. Ramadas Nayak, and Dr. Debasis Gocchait. Their 100+ years of combined experience in teaching pathology has ensured that the course not only fulfills the learning needs of students but also helps them appreciate the relevance of the subject. Prof. Harsh Mohan’s Textbook of Pathology has found an indispensable place in every medico’s bookshelf. His other books include Practical Pathology and Jaypee Gold Standard Mini Atlas Series Pathology. Prof. Ramadas Nayak is renowned for his titles- Essentials in Hematology and Clinical Pathology, Exam Preparatory Manual for Undergraduates Pathology, Rapid Review of Hematology, and more.
This online Pathology course has been developed as per the recent CBME curriculum. The course caters to medical undergraduates and aids them in preparing for their university exams as well as NEET examinations.
The course covers 5 important sections:
- General Pathology
- Systemic Pathology
- Clinical Pathology including Cytology in clinical care, Body fluids, and Exfoliative Cytology
- Practicals in Pathology including gross specimens that are important from an examination point of view.
All the topics are arranged in a sequential hierarchy to fulfill the learning needs of students and help them in concept-building. Relevant case discussions have been provided with each topic to enhance the understanding of the students and provide them a clinical orientation. A lot of histological and gross images, as well as specimens, have been added which will allow the students to correlate well. For every topic, theoretical aspects with practical points are provided along with important questions for university exams, PG entrance, and viva voce that are highlighted in the video.
The Course includes:
- Video lectures: 140+ hours of comprehensive video lectures based on 167 topics provide detailed information along with their clinical applications. These are supplemented with relevant images and case discussions.
- Lecture notes: 144 concise notes to help the students glance through the main points covered during the lectures.
- Self-assessment questions: 3000+ MCQs given at the end of each lecture enable the students to self-assess the extent of their understanding of the topic.
We aim to bring you the best of content from the eminent faculties.