The Membership of the Royal Colleges of Physicians (MRCP) is a postgraduate medical degree by the United Kingdom that can be obtained through a three-part medical entrance exam. Being highly competitive, acing it requires mentoring and study guides. The MRCP exam has much allure, including prestige, international recognition, and boosting your CV but first students need to understand the basics of what the MRCP exam is, and what the three parts entail-
MRCP Part 1 – MRCP Part 1 is a written exam that involves two papers, each one is 3 hours long and contains 100 best of fives (BOF) questions. To crack the MRCP Part 1, detailed and consistent preparation is the key to the first attempt of success.
MRCP Part 2 (Written Exam) – The Part 2 course follows the same format as the MRCP part 1 exam structure and cracking it will take the same sincere preparation.
MRCP Part 2 (Clinical Paces Exam) – The clinical paces course is the last part of the MRCP exam and is the practical assessment of critical examination skills. It is conducted by two senior physicians as independent examiners who will observe and evaluate each student’s practical skills.
Now that you know the basic format of the MRCP exam, the question needs to be asked – why should you choose an MRCP degree?
- Recognition Abroad – While India recognises the MRCP degree as being equivalent to other postgraduate degrees, it has even more benefits if you plan to work outside of India. Due to its wide recognition and prestige, an MRCP degree holder has a significant advantage over other medical degrees, especially in other foreign countries like Australia, Ireland, Singapore, and various Gulf countries. With the status attached to an MRCP degree, you can get better job offers, more professional benefits, and higher pay. Lastly, successfully passing the MRCP exam boosts your CV for fellowships and other medical ventures. And these benefits alone make this postgraduate degree worth it!
- Gold Standard in Medical Qualification – The MRCP exam holds prestige because of its exclusivity, making it the gold standard in types of medical qualifications. It is also mentored by the acclaimed Dr. Gurpreet Singh Wander and Dr. ArchitBoloor, both of whom have published several books and are experts in the field. Further, the MRCP exam is run by the Federation of the Medical Royal Colleges in the UK, an exclusive set of colleges that are recognised as the best in medicine. All of these factors put MRCP degree holders at the top of their field that makes it the best choice for you.
- Worldwide Symbol of Excellence – Holders of the MRCP degree can subscribe to any or all three UK Royal Colleges of Physicians, boosting their professional status and putting the MRCP exam at the top of postgraduate courses. Further, the double benefit of being able to use an MRCP degree in India and various international countries gives you wider recognition and opens more career paths in the future.
- Improves Medical Knowledge and Boosts Skill – Because of the break up into part 1 and part 2 courses of the MRCP exam, the candidate receives better medical qualifications. The paces course encourages critical thinking that mimics the qualities needed as a working doctor and thus, puts the MRCP exam at advantage over other postgraduate medical entrances. Further, to prepare extensively for the part 1 exam, Diginerveprovides a thorough course, ‘Cracking MRCP Part-1’ that consists of live webinars, video lectures, detailed course modules, and 3000 practice questions, all of which ensures improved skill and knowledge.
- Shortest Way to a Successful Medical Career – The MRCP degree is now regarded as the quickest method of reaching a successful and international medical career. The MRCP exam structure and preparation with the ‘Cracking MRCP Part-1’ course has been designed to ensure that students have the basic skills and knowledge needed in their careers. Further, being highly prepared in the first attempt ultimately leads to a shorter training time for the entire exam in comparison to other postgraduate courses.
Now that you have a basic understanding of what an MRCP degree is and how the ‘Cracking MRCP Part-1’ course can help you ace it, you can start planning for the exam. Get your MRCP books ready, find the exam date that works for you, manage the fees, and prepare to ace the MRCP exam to start your successful career as a doctor. Lastly, when you take the course with DigiNerve, you get an exclusive bank of practice questions, personal mentor support, and detailed course manuals, all of which make your preparation a smooth journey. To get started, click here.